Taking it before a meal can help you lose weight and improve your physical performance. Spirulina is blue-green algae, and chlorophyll gives it the green color and phycocyanin gives it the bluish glow. It became famous for being used successfully in NASA as a supplement in the diet of astronauts on space missions.
- The spirulina is composed of 75% protein. It has a cocktail of vitamins and minerals, mainly vitamin A, E, D, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, folic acid, zinc, essential acids, and iron. It is also a good source of oxygen because of its high chlorophyll content.
To your health
- The Spirulina has antioxidant property (works as an anti-cancer agent), anti-inflammatory, and antiviral. It strengthens the immune system.
- The Spirulina helps to the production of acetylcholine (a neurotransmitter) and helps to maintain the myelin sheath function in the nervous system.
- The Spirulina has an anti-anemic activity, attributed to chlorophyll since it fulfills a task similar to blood hemoglobin.
- It is a natural antiseptic and stimulator of intestinal transit so that it is using in the constipation conditions.
- It contains phenylalanine, an amino acid that will suppress appetite, which is very helpful in weight reduction programs.
- Vitamins allow the cells to have a better functioning, like those of the muscles, to have higher physical, intellectual and sexual performance.
- It has cardiovascular benefits; help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides, decreases diastolic and systolic blood pressure.
For your beauty
- Due to its high content of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, it provides the necessary nutrients for capillary growth.
- The antioxidant activity has an anti-aging action thanks to chlorophyll, retinoids, linoleic acids, vitamin E, and beta-carotene.
The best way to consume it
Whether in spirulina powder, capsules or tablets, it
Due to its satiating effect, we can take spirulina 15 minutes before each meal with two glasses of water, which could favor weight reduction.
Prepare this easy recipe with spirulina
- One kiwi
- 1 cup pineapple or papaya
- ½ cup cucumber
- ½ lemon or peeled lime
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- One teaspoon spirulina seaweed powder
- 1 cup of water or soy milk
Add the ingredients to the mixer, mix well and blend it. Serve it as cool.
Reference: History and benefits
- Boost your Energy and Weight loss
- What is the fundamental Nutritional Value Of Foods?
- Coconut Oil Rises Beneficial habitation in Human Breast Milk