We already know that dark chocolate is an excellent food material to reduce the peaks of stress. Along with the chocolate, red fruits like Cranberries or cherries are also best stress relieving food products. Maybe the title of this article has surprised you. What do the flavonoids present in many of our foods have to do with anxiety?
The truth is that they have an extraordinary relationship. A team from the University of Emory (United States) and the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) indicates that a compound called 7, 8-dihydroxyflavone present in flavonoids is beneficial in treating anxiety.
Today drugs are developing with this compound. In our daily lives, we can also consume the most flavonoid-rich foods for fast stress relief.
The flavonoid-rich food products are enjoyable. If you take eight strawberries a day, the level that we can obtain from 7,8-dihydroxyflavone. It is also rich in nutrients and natural products.
In this article, we prepared the Flavonoid-rich nutritional foods. They are
1. Cocoa beans
Can there be a classic food than cocoa beans? Delicious! It is highly consuming with moderation and balance in our regular food styles.
- They can be very beneficial because of their high flavonoid density.
- In fact, we all know its historical use as medicine and as therapy to improve mood and help to cure so many diseases.
- Its level of antioxidants is so high that it is very suitable to improve the health of our heart (from heart disease), and protects from cancer risk.
Elderberries are rich in vitamin-C and flavonoids. It stands out as an excellent daily supplement to reduce daily anxiety.
Also, you cannot forget that nutrients are a natural source, especially B-complex vitamins like B1, B2, B5, B6 and folic acid.
- They have a tremendous antioxidant effect.
- They favor the immune system.
- Elderberries are depurative.
- You can find them in pharmacies in the form of tablets. However, you can also consume them naturally.
3. The Blueberries
We know that it is not always easy to buy blueberries in our stores. Now, they are one of the healthiest and medicinal foods that we can consume. Its benefits are as varied as interesting:
- Cranberries are rich in anthocyanin and carotenoids.
- Its flavonoids have a principal antioxidant activity capable not only of neutralizing the action of free radicals but also of relaxing, of improving our blood circulation.
- Blueberries are anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, purify our toxins, and strengthen the immune system.
- You should know that, when we suffer episodes of stress and high anxiety, cortisol appears in blood and altering our primary functions. If we consume blueberries on a regular basis, all these processes will improve, while raising our natural defenses.
- Of course, avoid jams because of its high sugar content.
4. Carob flour
The carob flour is a healthy, natural and highly recommended an alternative to the traditional refined white flours. It is harmful to our health.
You can find it in regular markets or diet stores.
- The carob flour comes from the fruit of the carob tree.
- It is energy food, rich in proteins, as well as minerals such as calcium, iron, and phosphorus.
- This flour is rich in vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, and D.
- It is suitable for coeliac, and with low-fat content (3%)
- If we use the carob flour with cranberry juice, it stimulates the functioning of kidneys.
- It is the best and ideal remedy to control anxiety.
- It is a powerful natural antioxidant.
5. White tea
White tea is the natural drink with high antioxidant. It is more beneficial than Green tea. It is another superb Flavonoids sources
Did you know that it is the natural drink richest in antioxidants? The white tea is more useful than green tea.
- It is perfect for regular anxiety treatment. It is light and delicate flavor.
6. The arugula
Arugula is another good source of flavonoids. What do you think if we prepare a delicious salad of arugula, raisins, and pineapple? It is a healthy meal that will help you to get energy and helps to reduce your anxiety.
- The arugula has a tremendous detoxifying power consist of folic acid and vitamin B. It prevents the brain from aging prematurity.
- It is rich in vitamin K, an element that helps us strengthen our bones and improves brain strength and health.
- It is digestive, does not contain fats and is a very nutritious supplement.
- It strengthens our immune system thanks to vitamin C.
7. Acai berries
Its scientific name is Euterpe oleracea, and in each zone, they receive a different denomination. Have you ever tried them? Do you have chances to find acai berries in your usual stores?
- Then do not hesitate, consume them regularly (between six and eight berries a day) because they are a very suitable remedy to treat mild anxiety, and nervousness.
- It helps you to improve sleep cycle.
- They relax us and clear us mentally by removing physical tensions.
- They accelerate the metabolism.
- Strengthen our defenses
- They take care of the health of our nails, hair, and skin.
- They regulate blood pressure and improve poor cholesterol.
- It helps you to Detoxify and purify the body.
8. More foods rich in flavonoids
- Apples (with skin)
- The bulb of onions
- The red grapes
- The leaf of the basil
- The bulb of garlic
- Brussels sprouts
- The spinach
- The fennel
- The cherries
- The lemons
- The Oranges
- The yellow peppers
- Red wine
- The dill
- The coriander
- The Mint
- The seeds of anise
- the nuts
- The raisins
The above mentioned nutritional food has the most abundant sources of flavonoids. It helps you to reduce stress.