This article explains the health benefits of dried cranberry.
Cranberries are dwarfed shrubs. The name of species is Vaccinium Oxycoccos (in Britain), and Vaccinium macrocarpon (in North America).
The name Cranberry is derived from the German language as Kraanbere.
It is the primary commercial crop in the US states and Canadian provinces. Canada is the second largest exporter of this berries. It is perfect for better health.
What are the health benefits of dried Cranberries?
- Excellent sources of Antioxidants: Proanthocyanidins (a type of Polyphenols) gives vivid color. The antioxidant property neutralizes the dangerous free radical. These neutralization helps you to cut the risk of developing chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
- Keeps our Bladder healthy: Cranberry juice is very healthful, and it helps you to decrease Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs). According to Harvard Medical School studies, if you eat 1.5ounce (45gms) of sweetened dried berries inhibits bacterial adherence process in Urinary Tracks. The Cranberries juice is the best home remedy for better health. Simply it prevents Cystitis formation in Women urinary tracts. The berries have some antibacterial property that prevents bacterial colonies formation. Merely the bacterium is washed out through urine.
“Cranberry juice, especially the juice concentrates you find at the grocery store, will not treat a UTI or bladder infection. It can offer more hydration and possibly wash bacteria from your body more effectively, but the active ingredient in cranberry is long gone by the time it reaches your bladder.”
Dr Timothy Boone, PhD, vice dean of the Texas A&M Health Science Centre College of Medicine in Houston
- Nutritional Values: The raw cranberries have a right amount of Vitamin C, dietary fiber and essential dietary mineral, Manganese and other essential micronutrients.
- As safety concern: The medicine effects of Coumadin could also be exaggerated by overwhelming cranberry fruit juice, leading to the adverse impacts similar to the exaggerated incidence of bleeding and bruising. Alternative safety issues from vast giant quantities of fruit juice or victimization cranberry supplements embody a possible for nausea, increasing abdomen inflammation, and sugar intake or nephrolith(Kidney Stone)
Few Facts to know:
There are few essential facts about cranberries here:
- Cranberries are low in calories but high in Vitamin K, C and A
- It contains Proanthocyanidins, excellent antioxidant to prevent a range of diseases
- It uses as Blood thinners because of the rich sources of Vitamin K. Before taking excess cranberries doctor suggestion is essential.
- These are a healthful food and associated with Thanksgiving.
If you like the above article on Health benefits of cranberries, please share with your family and friends on social media. It helps you to spread useful information for better health.
For more details about Cranberries: Read here